Re: procpid?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: procpid?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/15/2011 12:41 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> But I will note that we had better be darn sure to make all the changes we
> want to make in one go, because I dowanna have to create pg_sessions2
> (or pg_tessions?) in a year or three.

I just added a new section to the TODO to start collecting up some of
these related ideas into one place:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#Monitoring so we might try to get
as many as possible all in one go.

The other item on there related to pg_stat_activity that might impact
this design was adding a column for tracking progress of commands like
CREATE INDEX and VACUUM (I updated to note CLUSTER falls into that
category too).  While query progress will always be a hard problem,
adding a field to store some sort of progress indicator might be useful
even if it only worked on these two initially.  Anyway, topic for
another time.

The only other item related to this view on the TODO was "Have
pg_stat_activity display query strings in the correct client encoding".
That might be worthwhile to bundle into this rework, but it doesn't seem
something that impacts the UI such that it must be considered early.

От: Alexey Klyukin
Сообщение: Re: proposal: a validator for configuration files
От: Radosław Smogura
Сообщение: [WIP] [Stream] Preview of pg_type changes