Re: PGP encrypt/decrypt - Prereqistes

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: PGP encrypt/decrypt - Prereqistes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/10/2011 05:22 PM, Vikram A wrote:

> I am new to postgreSQL. I would like to use encrypt/decrypt using PGP
> keys on windows.

It'd be helpful to know in more detail what you want to encrypt and
decrypt, and how. Getting crypto right is about a lot more than using
good algorithms and good implementations.

> 2. Any manual to follow the steps ?

You'll want the pgycrypto contrib module. Its documentation is here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/pgcrypto.html#AEN124147

... and I think (but am not certain) that it's available on Windows.
Note that according to the documentation pgcrypto does not support
signing - or presumably for verifying signatures.

You will also want GnuPG from http://www.gnupg.org/  to use it for key
management and key generation.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: what is the best way of storing text+image documents in postgresql
От: Leif Biberg Kristensen
Сообщение: Re: what is the best way of storing text+image documents in postgresql