Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)
Дата
Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 11/30/2010 02:12 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Daniel Loureiro<daniel@termasa.com.br>  wrote:
>
>> to me the key its security - its a anti-DBA-with-lack-of-attention
>> feature.
>
> Well, it seems pretty weak to me for that purpose.  You still trash
> data, and you don't have any immediate clue as to what.

I agree, that argument is completely misconceived. If the DBA is paying
enough attention to use LIMIT, s/he should be paying enough attention
not to do damage in the first place. If that were the only argument in
its favor I'd be completely against the feature.

cheers

andrew

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)
От: Marko Tiikkaja
Сообщение: Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)