Re: Bad cast priority for DATE?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Bad cast priority for DATE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> timestamptz is a preferred type, so no you probably can't change that
> without breaking a lot of stuff.  It's not immediately clear to me why
> that's wrong anyway.

Just that having a value implicitly acquire time zone information it
didn't originally have seems dangerous.  But I can't come up with a
specific example of breakage right now -- at least not one on a single
server.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM produces odd freespace values
От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM produces odd freespace values