Re: returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure

От Darren Duncan
Тема Re: returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> One point that has to be made is that returning multiple result sets
> as if they were successive queries restricts the client to reading the
> result sets serially; that is, you must read all of result A before you
> can look at result B, etc.

One aspect that I don't really like about SQL contrasted with typical other
languages is in how query results are typically returned "out of band" like the
above describes, rather than explicitly either via an OUT/INOUT parameter or as
a function result relation value. -- Darren Duncan

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure