Re: Return of the Solaris vacuum polling problem -- anyone remember this?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Return of the Solaris vacuum polling problem -- anyone remember this?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've also recently heard a report of vacuum hanging on 8.3.x on Solaris
> Sparc. Any chance you can get a backtrace from a build with debug symbols?

The problem is that we haven't been able to reproduce the bug in
testing.  Like I said, it only seems to happen occasionally ... like
maybe once in 10 or 20 (or more?) autovacuums.  We've never been seen it
with a manual vacuum at all.

And we can't rebuild the production servers.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Return of the Solaris vacuum polling problem -- anyone remember this?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Return of the Solaris vacuum polling problem -- anyone remember this?