Re: MySQL versus Postgres

От Jacqui Caren-home
Тема Re: MySQL versus Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Do not overemphasize the example mode at the cost of presenting concepts
> or structure.  You need all three.

Hmm I recently had to find out the various options to get values from a tuple
via SPI - referred by docs to the contrib examples :-(
Docs did not help and the examples only cover very basic cases.
I found the quickest way to find the list of macro's available was to read the source code :-)

I suppose the source is the final layer of documentation!

Jacqui

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Finding last checkpoint time
От: Jay Flattery
Сообщение: fork() and dynamically loaded c functions....