Re: Need help understanding vacuum verbose output

От Brad Nicholson
Тема Re: Need help understanding vacuum verbose output
Дата
Список pgsql-general
  On 10-08-06 11:45 AM, Gordon Shannon wrote:
> OK, so if it knew that all vacuumable tuples could be found in 492 pages, and
> it scanned only those pages, then how could it be that it reports 16558
> removable tuples from those 492 pages, when it has already reported earlier
> that it removed 45878 tuples -- a number we know in fact to be correct?  How
> could both statements be correct?

It found 45878 dead tuples in 396 pages for the index authors_archive_pkey.

It found 16558 dead tuples in 492 pages for the table authors_archive.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106

От: John Gage
Сообщение: Re: MySQL versus Postgres
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Need help understanding vacuum verbose output