Re: english parser in text search: support for multiple words in the same position

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: english parser in text search: support for multiple words in the same position
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sushant Sinha <sushant354@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes thats what I am planning to do. I just wanted to see if anyone
> can help me in estimating whether this is doable in the current
> parser or I need to write a new one. If possible, then some idea
> on how to go about implementing?
The current tsearch parser is a state machine which does clunky mode
switches to handle special cases like you describe.  If you're
looking at doing very much in there, you might want to consider a
rewrite to something based on regular expressions.  See discussion
in these threads:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/200912102005.16560.andres@anarazel.de
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4B210D9E020000250002D344@gw.wicourts.gov
That was actually at the top of my personal PostgreSQL TODO list
(after my current project is wrapped up), but I wouldn't complain if
someone else wanted to take it.  :-)
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: english parser in text search: support for multiple words in the same position
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: english parser in text search: support for multiple words in the same position