Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jon Schewe wrote:

> OK, so if I want the 15 minute speed, I need to give up safety (OK in
> this case as this is just research testing), or see if I can tune
> postgres better.

Depending on your app, one more possibility would be to see if you
can re-factor the application so it can do multiple writes in parallel
rather than waiting for each one to complete.   If I understand right,
then many transactions could potentially be handled by a single fsync.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL