Re: Embedded Postgres

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Embedded Postgres
Дата
Re: Embedded Postgres  (Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen@rcub.bg.ac.rs>)
Список pgsql-general
Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:
> Is there a way to run Postgres in embedded mode? More precisely, to
> run it without using TCP/IP port, and without installing as a service?
> I am aware of Unix-domain sockets, but is there something similar for
> Windows?

on unix, as you imply, it can be run with unix domain sockets, but not
on Windows as they simply don't have this interface.   and, it can be
started as an application rather than as a system service, but it still
runs as a separate process from your application(s) and in my book,
thats not really embedded.

От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: Embedded Postgres
От: akp geek
Сообщение: WARNING: out of shared memory