Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
>> You do know that SQL is Turing-complete, right?
>>

> That seems largely irrelevant to the problem at hand.  It's not
> impossible to do syntactic transformations from one Turing-complete
> langauge to another; if it were, there could be no such thing as a
> compiler.

If we were engaged in an academic exercise this might be interesting.
But we aren't. The fact that one can do something is not an argument for
actually doing it.

cheers

andrew

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL
От: Alex Hunsaker
Сообщение: Re: Safe security