Re: scheduler in core

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: scheduler in core
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lucas wrote:
>     I believe that "in core" may be "installed by default" in case of

Those seem like totally orthogonal concepts to me.

A feature may be "in core" but not "installed by default" (like many PLs).
A feature might not be "in core" but "installed" by many installers (say postgis).

It seems like half the people here are arguing for the former concept.
It seems the other half are arguing against the latter concept.

Is the real need here for a convenient way to enable and/or
recommend packagers to install some non-core modules by default?

От: Lucas
Сообщение: Re: scheduler in core
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql