Re: a heavy duty operation on an "unused" table kills my server

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: a heavy duty operation on an "unused" table kills my server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Robert Haas wrote:
> Seems like you'd also need to think about priority inversion, if the
> "low-priority" backend is holding any locks.

Right, that's what I was alluding to in the last part:  the non-obvious
piece here is not how to decide when the backend should nap because it's
done too much I/O, it's how to figure out when it's safe for it to do so
without causing trouble for others.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: a heavy duty operation on an "unused" table kills my server
От: Pierre Frédéric Caillaud
Сообщение: Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used?