Re: C# w/ ODBC, 2.1 million list select gives empty DataSet

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: C# w/ ODBC, 2.1 million list select gives empty DataSet
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 12/01/2010 7:34 AM, Laurent Chouinard wrote:

> With the new drivers, it still climbs to 700MB or so (makes sense, 2
> million rows is quite a bit), and then after the "0 rows" returned,
> memory is cleared immediately. Makes sense as well, OBDC doesn't carry
> data anymore, dataset is almost null, garbage collector is having a
> field day.

I don't use ODBC much personally and don't work on the driver - but it
sounds to me a lot like the new driver may be running out of memory too,
but is eating the failure (or reporting it via some side-channel) rather
than throwing. If it is, that'd be pretty bad behavior in my personal
opinion, but then I don't know ODBC well. Someone who does may be able
to shed some more light.

My suggestion, though: Even if you resolve this now, as things continue
to grow you're still going to have OOM issues. Perhaps it'd be a good
idea to use a cursor for this?

--
Craig Ringer

От: the6campbells
Сообщение: unicode vs non-unicode ODBC driver
От: Hiroshi Inoue
Сообщение: Re: C# w/ ODBC, 2.1 million list select gives empty DataSet