Re: Thoughts on statistics for continuously advancing columns

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Thoughts on statistics for continuously advancing columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> While regular ANALYZE seems to be pretty good ... is it insane to
> suggest determining the min/max bounds of problem columns by looking at
> a btree index on the column in ANALYZE, instead of relying on random
> data sampling? An ANALYZE that didn't even have to scan the indexes but
> just look at the ends might be something that could be run much more
> frequently with less I/O and memory cost than a normal ANALYZE, just to
> selectively update key stats that are an issue for such continuously
> advancing columns.

... which Tom Lane already raised in a smarter way in a message I hadn't
read yet. Sorry for the noise.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Thoughts on statistics for continuously advancing columns
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: exec_execute_message crash