Re: alpha3 release schedule?

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: alpha3 release schedule?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Hiroyuki Yamada <yamada@kokolink.net> writes:
>> Well, I want to know whether the problem I refered to
>> in http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-12/msg01641.php
>> is must-fix or not.
>
>> This problem is a corollary of the deadlock problem. This is less catstrophic
>> but more likely to happen.
>
>> If you leave this problem, for example, any long-running transactions,
>> holding any cursors in whatever tables, have a possibility of freezing
>> whole recovery work in HotStandby node until the transaction commit.
>
> Seems like something we should fix ASAP, but I do not see why it need
> hold up an alpha release.  Alpha releases are expected to have bugs,
> and this one doesn't look like it would stop people from finding
> other bugs.

yeah afaik alpha tarballs are a forma of a checkpoint at the end of a
commitfest to get people a reasonable testing target. Every feature (not
only HS) deserves getting serious testing so I vote for getting alpha3
out as soon as possible.

Stefan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: alpha3 release schedule?
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication?