Re: Removing pg_migrator limitations

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Removing pg_migrator limitations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/18/2009 04:09 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> At the moment it appears that we need the following hacks:
>
> * ability to control the OIDs assigned to user tables and types.
> Because a table also has a rowtype, this means at least two separate
> state variables.  And we already knew we had to control the OIDs
> assigned to toast tables.  I'm imagining dump output like
>
>     select pg_migrator_set_next_table_oid(123456);
>     select pg_migrator_set_next_type_oid(12347);
>     select pg_migrator_set_next_toast_table_oid(123458);
>
>     CREATE TABLE ...

I like this approach overall, but wonder if it would be better to do:
select pg_migrator_set_next_oid('table', 123456);select pg_migrator_set_next_oid('type', 12347);select
pg_migrator_set_next_oid('toast_table',123458);

etc. Later we could easily add other supported objects...

Joe

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Removing pg_migrator limitations
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Removing pg_migrator limitations