Re: Update on true serializable techniques in MVCC

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: Update on true serializable techniques in MVCC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18.12.09 16:42 , Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Florian Pflug:

>>> They are.
>>
>> But so are failures due to deadlocks even today, no?
>
> They are detected.  In this context, "serialization failure" means
> that PostgreSQL generates a history which lacks one-copy
> serializability, without reporting any errors.

No, the whole point of this SIREAD-lock technique is to prevent that
once and for all, and make SERIALIZABLE transaction really serializable
(or fail with a "serialization error").
> (In the general case,
> the unique constraint violation which bugs me personally is a
> different beast and does result in an error.)
I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to here.

best regards,
Florian Pflug

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Add hstore_to_json()
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Add hstore_to_json()