Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes
Дата
Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes  (Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:1260820907.11463.6.camel@localhost" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Bernd Helmle
lastdiscussions were about executor

probes only (note the patch is split up into two parts now, SLRU and
executor probes). The latter won't be fixed, but it seems the SLRU part at
I would like to add  SimpleLruInit probe. I'm busy with PG packaging,
but I hope that I will send updated version tomorrow. </pre></blockquote> I'd like to see as many of these DTrace
probesas possible make it into 8.5, and it's great that you've picked up these older ones and updated them.  It looks
likea lot of progress was made on actually measuring the overhead of adding these probes in even when they're not
enabled,which is good.<br /><br /> But I'm afraid we're already out of time for this one if you're still tweaking the
probeshere.  With a functional change like that, our normal process at this point would be to have the reviewer
re-evaluatethings before they head to a committer, and I don't feel like this patch is quite at 100% yet--in
particular,the probe documentation is improving but still a bit rough.  I don't feel like we're quite ready to mark
thisone for commit for this one, and today we really want to clear the queue for things for committers to deal with.
Pleasesend that updated version, and let's keep working on this into the next CommitFest, where it will be in the front
ofthe queue rather than how it ended up at the tail of this one just based on its submission date.  You're not really
gettinga fair chunk of time here between your review and the end here because of problems lining up reviewer time, that

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:greg@2ndQuadrant.com">greg@2ndQuadrant.com</a>  <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="http://www.2ndQuadrant.com">www.2ndQuadrant.com</a>

</pre>

От: Boszormenyi Zoltan
Сообщение: Re: ECPG patch N+1, fix auto-prepare
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Closing out CommitFest 2009-11