Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode

От Florian G. Pflug
Тема Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode
Дата
Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15.12.09 16:02 , Tom Lane wrote:
> "Florian G. Pflug"<fgp@phlo.org>  writes:
>> configure fails to recognize "long" as a working 64-bit type
>> because the does_int64_work configure test produces warning due to
>>  a missing return value declaration for main() and a missing
>> prototype for does_int64_work(). (Aain, those warning are turned
>> into errors by -Werror).
>
> autoconf's test programs tend to be sufficiently sloppy that I would
> expect -Werror to break a whole lot of things, not just this. We can
> possibly neaten up the particular test case but there are many tests
> whose expansion we don't have much control over.

Yeah, I expected all hell to break loose - only to be pleasantly
surprised by this being the only issue I encountered. So I figured
fixing this might be worthwhile - even if this surely does not fix
-Werror builds on all platforms and/or compilers.

Alternatively - is there a way to use -Werror only for building the
actual sources, not the configure tests? I didn't find one, but my
autoconf-fu is pretty limited...

best regards,
Florian Pflug