Re: pgAdmin III: timestamp displayed in what time zone?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: pgAdmin III: timestamp displayed in what time zone?
Дата
Re: pgAdmin III: timestamp displayed in what time zone?  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Fred Janon wrote:
> Thanks Greg, at least among the socially unacceptable insults I got
> the the right list to post my question in.
Aww, is somebody having a case of the Monday's?

Frankly that was all useful advice.  I was pointing out that despite
what you thought, you might actually be decreasing your chances of
getting an answer to your question in the future if you cross-post the
way you did.  Here's an equally helpful hint:  when you have a question
you'd like answered, don't insult someone in the group who spends their
time every day answering questions in that area, particularly if they've
actually given you a useful suggestion.  Next time, I might be the best
qualified to help you out, and you haven't really endeared yourself to
me with your comments here.

> BTW, this list is listed as the list for tech questions in the pgAdmin
> tips, therefore if you don't want to be disturb, you might want to
> remove it from the pgAdmin tips.

When I look at http://www.pgadmin.org/support/ for example it suggests
the right list.  I only see this one listed in the Translation section,
as the place to ask to get added to the translators list.  Does anyone
know where the tips section suggesting people send tech questions to
pgsql-hackers he's referring to is at?  That seems like it should be
cleaned up to point to the pgAdmin list instead if that's floating
around there somewhere.

Fred, if you could recall exactly what path you followed to end up here
and let us know, we can try to keep someone else from being confused and
instead directed to the right place more directly.  It would be a nice
gesture on your part to end our conversation here having done something
useful, rather than with you just venting at me.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com