Re: Adding support for SE-Linux security

От Mark Mielke
Тема Re: Adding support for SE-Linux security
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
My two cents - if it's desired -

I invariably disable selinux from all of my production machines. Once
upon a time I tried to work with it time and time again - but it was
such a head ache to administer for what I considered to be marginal
gains, that I eventually gave up. Every time I add a server, it needs to
be setup. Or it runs in tolerant mode at which point I'm not sure what
value I am really getting at all.

Too many times people have come to me with weird problems of servers not
starting, or not working properly, and I have now started with the
question "do you have selinux running?" "try turning it off..."

I'm sure some people somewhere love selinux - but I suspect most people
find the most relief once they turn it off.

I vote for PostgreSQL committers spending their time on things that
bring value to the most number of people.

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke<mark@mielke.cc>

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: SE-PostgreSQL/Lite Review
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: CommitFest 2009-11: Reviews complete