Re: Deleted WAL files held open by backends in Linux

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Deleted WAL files held open by backends in Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Determining whether it's still the current append target is not so
> cheap though; it would require examining shared-memory status
> which means taking a lock on that status (and it's a high-traffic
> lock already).
I haven't reviewed the internal locking techniques, so this may well
be a dumb question, but...  Since we only care whether the value is
equal, and an occasional false report of equality wouldn't hurt
anything, couldn't we bypass the lock in this particular case?
-Kevin

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Block-level CRC checks
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rewrite GEQO`s gimme_tree function so that it always finds a