Re: md5 authentication issues with psqlODBC driver for Windows

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: md5 authentication issues with psqlODBC driver for Windows
Дата
Re: md5 authentication issues with psqlODBC driver for Windows  (Chris Davis <c_b_dvs@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-odbc
Chris Davis wrote:
> I've been running into an issue where I get an error "password authentication failed" while using the psql ODBC
driverfor Windows, with the database residing on a Linux machine.

> I know my current setup is (relatively) correct since:
> 1) I've previously used a JDBC driver with postgres and md5 authentication, with no problems (with Linux on both
clientand server)
> 2) In Windows I can look at the ODBC sources and always verify that I can connect to the database
> 3) I'm able to fix the problem by using trust instead of md5 authentication
>
> Basically, I'm using the driver to connect the statistics program SPSS to a database.  I can always connect to the
databaseand see the tables, but the problem occurs when I try to make a query.  The first time might work and actually
returnresults, but after that, I consistently get the "password authentication failed" error.

Could you send me the Mylog output of the error ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: Hiroshi Inoue
Сообщение: Re: odbc driver leaks memory when connection failed
От: rahimeh khodadadi
Сообщение: Fwd: psql+krb5