Re: WIP: log query in auto-explain

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: WIP: log query in auto-explain
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>

>> Basically it includes the text of the query being explained in the
>> explain output.
>>

> I expected the query text is printed in "STATEMENT" section.
> Do you mean the query should be merged into "LOG" section?
> Are there any situation where "STATEMENT" section does not work?

I mean it should be in the Explain output:
   <explain xmlns="http://www.postgresql.org/2009/explain">     <Query-Text>SELECT '' AS zero, BOOLTBL1.*      FROM
BOOLTBL1     WHERE booleq(bool 'false', f1);</Query-Text>     <Plan>       <Node-Type>Seq Scan</Node-Type>
<Relation-Name>booltbl1</Relation-Name>      <Alias>booltbl1</Alias>       <Startup-Cost>0.00</Startup-Cost>
<Total-Cost>42.88</Total-Cost>      <Plan-Rows>877</Plan-Rows>       <Plan-Width>1</Plan-Width>
<Filter>booleq(false,f1)</Filter>     </Plan>   </explain>

This is especially important for structured output like XML and/or JSON.
A number of users (including me) badly want to be able to extract the
explain output from the log files with the query text included.

cheers

andrew

От: Itagaki Takahiro
Сообщение: SE-PgSQL patch review
От: Itagaki Takahiro
Сообщение: Re: WIP: log query in auto-explain