Re: Logical Replication speed-up initial data

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Logical Replication speed-up initial data
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> On Aug 4, 2021, at 08:06, Nikhil Shetty <nikhil.dba04@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How can we increase the speed of the initial data load without dropping the indexes on destination?

You can do the usual steps of increasing checkpoint_timeout and max_wal_size (since incoming logical replication
changesare WAL logged) and setting synchronous_commit = off, but those will be modest improvements.  You will get an
enormousbenefit from dropping indexes and foreign key constraints, and those aren't much use during the initial sync
anyway.

От: Stefano Amoroso
Сообщение: Re: Logical Replication speed-up initial data
От: Nikhil Shetty
Сообщение: Re: Logical Replication speed-up initial data