Re: LIMIT NULL

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: LIMIT NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> David E. Wheeler wrote:
>> Is it intentional that `LIMIT NULL` means the same as `LIMIT ALL`?
> Uh, I figure LIMIT NULL should return no rows.
Why?  Since the normal meaning of NULL is "value unknown or does not
apply" it would seem to be most reasonable, if it's going to be
accepted in a LIMIT clause, to have it mean "the LIMIT does not
apply".
Plus, if it has been accepted with the "no limit" semantics, wouldn't
it require a really good reason to break backwards compatibility?
-Kevin

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: LIMIT NULL
От: Zdenek Kotala
Сообщение: Re: new buildfarm client code feature release