Re: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2022/02/22 15:41, kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com wrote:
> Cfbot is still angry because of missing PGDLLIMPORT, so attached.

Thanks for updating the patches!

The connection check timer is re-scheduled repeatedly even while the backend is in idle state or is running a local
transactionthat doesn't access to any foreign servers. I'm not sure if it's really worth checking the connections even
inthose states. Even without the periodic connection checks, if the connections are closed in those states, subsequent
GetConnection()will detect that closed connection and re-establish the connection when starting remote transaction.
Thought?

When a closed connection is detected in idle-in-transaction state and SIGINT is raised, nothing happens because there
isno query running to be canceled by SIGINT. Also in this case the connection check timer gets disabled. So we can
stillexecute queries that don't access to foreign servers, in the same transaction, and then the transaction commit
fails.Is this expected behavior?

When I shutdowned the foreign server while the local backend is in idle-in-transaction state, the connection check
timerwas triggered and detected the closed connection. Then when I executed COMMIT command, I got the following WARNING
message.Is this a bug?

     WARNING:  leaked hash_seq_search scan for hash table 0x7fd2ca878f20

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center

От: "kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure
От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world