Re: How do I determine my data dir for a created database for pg_ctl?

От Barbara Figueirido
Тема Re: How do I determine my data dir for a created database for pg_ctl?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Matthew Pettis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a database I can psql into... How can I determine what its
> absolute path is so I can use pg_ctl on it to restart it?  Because
> when I use pg_ctl, it tells me I have to provide it in the -D flag as
> an argument.
>
> Thanks,
> matt

Hi. I'm quite a novice, but I think I can help. In need of determining
the path to the data, I use an indirect method: since different
distributions have different paths, I try to locate the pg_hba.conf
file, which resides on the same directory as your data (with the command
"find / -name 'pg_hba.conf'" (without the double quotes) issued as root).
But since your postmaster is running, I would rather try the following:

ps auwx |grep postmaster

this tells you whether it is in fact running, and if it is, tells you
also the path where the -D flag points to.

Hope this is somehow useful. Best regards,
Barbara

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Restarting with pg_ctl, users, and passwords.
От: "Matthew Pettis"
Сообщение: Re: How do I determine my data dir for a created database for pg_ctl?