Re: TODO Item: Consider allowing control of upper/lower case folding of unquoted, identifiers

От Russell Smith
Тема Re: TODO Item: Consider allowing control of upper/lower case folding of unquoted, identifiers
Дата
Re: TODO Item: Consider allowing control of upper/lower case folding of unquoted, identifiers  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Russell Smith <mr-russ@pws.com.au> writes:
>
>> As an attempt at a first PostgreSQL patch, I'd like to see if I can do
>> anything about this issue.
>>

> Trying that as a first patch is a recipe for failure... the short answer
> is that no one can think of a solution that will be generally acceptable.
>
>             regards, tom lane

What makes this change particularly challenging?  The fact that nobody
has agreed on how it should work, or the actual coding?

regards

Russell

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Minor bug in src/port/rint.c
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: TODO Item: Consider allowing control of upper/lower case folding of unquoted, identifiers