Re: Watch your PlanetPostgreSQL.org blogs

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re: Watch your PlanetPostgreSQL.org blogs
Дата
Re: Watch your PlanetPostgreSQL.org blogs  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com> writes:

>> And with the new exception of the community documentation recently
>> started at http://www.postgresqldocs.org.
>
> Which in fact has got only the weakest claim to be a "community"
> project.  If it actually were such, in the sense of having been started
> with community-wide discussion and approval, it would have been set up
> under postgresql.org.

Well, color me confused.  I don't pretend to understand what all this is
about, and as just a user of PG, I don't necessarily have the need to
know.  I'm just trying to give back to the community in whatever small
way I can, and I thought community documentation would offer me the
opportunity to do that.

The only thing I think I have a right to ask is that whatever
contributions I may make not be a waste of effort because the PG
decision-makers have decided that a certain repository is now
"official", and the previous one is defunct.  So I'd ask those
decision-makers to come up with a single consistent story for us
run-of-the-mill community members.

--
Guy Rouillier

От: Colin Wetherbee
Сообщение: Re: loading a psql input file on win xp
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: What is the community, WAS: Re: Watch your PlanetPostgreSQL.org blogs