Re: FW: bitemporal functionality for PostgreSQL

От 0123 zyxw
Тема Re: FW: bitemporal functionality for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Jeff Davis wrote:
>> Also, they use "period" to mean interval, and "interval" to mean
>> duration -- which is wrong, in my opinion; interval already has a well-
>> defined mathematical meaning.
>
> Agreed, but that mistake actually originates from the SQL standard. The

And plenty of other ISO standards for around the same time, such
as ISO 8601 which defines ways to specify both intervals that have
Start and End times as well as Duration Only intervals.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations
От: Ron Mayer
Сообщение: Re: configurability of OOM killer