Re: Problem of capital case-insensitive letter with accent

От Colin Wetherbee
Тема Re: Problem of capital case-insensitive letter with accent
Дата
Список pgsql-general
lan ping wrote:
> Hi, there
>
> In our database, some customers' names contain French accent like
>  É,é,È,è. In one server, case-insensitive search works for capital
> letters. For example,
> SELECT lower('ÉÈ') could return éè . But the other server cannot.
>
> It is very strange, as the two server use the same Fedora linux, and
>  the same
>  version of Postgres(8.2.4). We all use LATIN1 encoding.
>
> Could you give me a hand? Thank you very much.

Are you sure you're using LATIN1 on both?

js=# \l
         List of databases
    Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
-----------+----------+----------
  js        | cww      | UTF8
  test      | cww      | LATIN1
[ ...snip... ]

js=# SELECT lower('ÉÈ');
  lower
-------
  éè
(1 row)

js=# \c test
You are now connected to database "test".
test=# SELECT lower('ÉÈ');
  lower
-------
  ÉÈ
(1 row)

It seems the UTF8 database performs lower() correctly, but the LATIN1
database does not.

Colin

От: "Rhys Stewart"
Сообщение: Re: (un)grouping question
От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Re: Problem of capital case-insensitive letter with accent