Re: user name and password woes

От brian
Тема Re: user name and password woes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:
> Charles Mortell wrote:
>
>> The dawg that originally set up postgres 8.0 on one of our Windows 2003
>> servers has left the company, and I have taken it over.
>>     I need to use pg_dump on that server. When I try to, I get ‘user
>> "Administrator" does not exist.’
>>    Next I try ‘createuser –U postgres –W administrator –P’.  The
>> response is
>> ‘ERROR:  user "administrator" already exists.’
>

> Hmm - is it the capital "A" here? I notice the second attempt has "a".

> No, the database users are completely separate from OS users. By
> convention, "postgres" is the OS user of the process and superuser for
> the DB, but you could change it if you wanted to.

I've a feeling that Charles is invoking pg_dump without specifying the
user. The default will assume the current *OS* user. Thus,
"Administrator" and the "does not exist" error. Try doing:

pg_dump -S administrator ...

(using the postgres-specific administrator user).

brian

От: Matthew Hixson
Сообщение: settings for 8.2.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.11
От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Re: Julian Day 0 question