Re: Multiple clusters on one box for PITR

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Multiple clusters on one box for PITR
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Leigh Dyer wrote:

> However, I'm running on the Debian Etch packages, which seem to make it
> quite easy to run multiple clusters, enabling me to run PITR just on the
> application that requires it. Would running separate clusters on the one
> box for these two applications be a sensible thing to do? Are there
> resource limits that I should be aware of? Any other issues?

There's no problem running multiple copies of PG on the same box - lots
of the developers do it, and I do on my laptop here. Different data-dir
and port and you're away.

Efficiency can be an issue though - you'll have two sets of WAL files
being written to, and two separate sections of shared memory to balance.
If you're not pushing the hardware though, it should be straightforward
enough.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Re: Instaltiating an ARRAY within a function
От: Patricia Rodriguez Tome
Сообщение: fiori zanella