Re: top posting

От Collin Kidder
Тема Re: top posting
Дата
Re: top posting  (Geoffrey <lists@serioustechnology.com>)
Re: top posting  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2007 11:41 AM, Leif B. Kristensen <leif@solumslekt.org> wrote:
>
>> It certainly isn't a crime. But it's a bit like thread hijacking in the
>> sense that a well-formed inline posting is more likely to attract
>> intelligent replies. I don't think that I'm the only one who tends to
>> skip top posting replies on mailing lists.
>>

> You're certainly not.  I can't tell you how many times I've carefully
> replied to someone with inline quoting, only to get some top post
> response.  I then ask them politely not to top post, fix the format,
> reply, and get another top post reponse.
>
> At that point I just move on to the next thread.

I've already made it clear on this list that I would rather top post but
I've been bottom posting because nothing in this world is more
irritating than a pedantic computer nerd and well... this is a list
about a database server...

I have to suffer through dealing with people like the two of you quoted
above. You can deal with people who'd like to top post. Anything else is
just being a spoiled baby who can't deal with minor issues. If all the
energy spent crying about top posting were used to fuel cities none of
us would be paying for power right now. Sorry to be so blunt but it
really irritates me when people cry like 4 year olds about top posting.
It's not that bad, get over it.