Re: The leanest, meanest Windows installer possible

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: The leanest, meanest Windows installer possible
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mitchell Vincent wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2007 2:51 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Mitchell Vincent wrote:
>>> Ah, I see what you mean.
>>>
>>> I was hoping to be able to rebuild the MSI to not include the things I
>>> didn't need but that doesn't look like it's going to be the case....
>>> Humbug.. Is there any way at all to modify what's contained in the MSI
>>> file so I can shrink the distribution size of the windows installer
>>> package?
>> Yes, you need to modify the wxs/pginst.wxs file - it lists what's
>> included in the package.
>>
>> //Magnus
>
> Hello Magnus, I had to back-burner this for a few months but I'm back
> at it. Can you tell me where to find the wxs/pginst.wxs file and what
> tools I'll need to rebuild the installer?

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller

There should be READMEs explaning what you need. They do require some
insight and some pokeing around (e.g. not entirely sure the
step-by-steps work), but should be fairly straightforward. Make sure you
look at CVS HEAD - it's simpler than 8.2 and previous.

//Magnus