Re: PostgreSQL on the internet

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on the internet
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bob Pawley wrote:
> At the moment the database dump is 4.1 meg.
>
> I suspect the end result will be less than 10 meg including the user's
> information.
>
> Is there other size information you need?

Well, you'll want estimates of:
1. Total number of users (assuming you don't drop the database on the
server-side).
2. Total number of concurrent users
3. Their activity patterns

At a wild guess, your limiting factor will be one of:
1. User upload speed (they might be on a slow ADSL/wifi link)
2. Database creation

I'd be tempted to have the local app send a checksum to the server and
see if it needs to upload the DB at all.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Bob Pawley
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL on the internet
От: "Mikko Partio"
Сообщение: rpm's for 8.3 beta 4