setting login database

От Samatha Kottha
Тема setting login database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am very new to postgres. So, if I am asking stupid question please
forgive me. I installed the postgres, imported the required databases
and created the necessary users. When users login using psql, they are
required to supply the database name.

We are trying to access a postgres database using a data integration
tool. This data integration tool have options to specify the hostname,
port, userid, and passwd of a database. But there is no way to supply
the database name. So, I am thinking to set the database name to each
user (default login database) so that they do not need to supply that
info when they access data using data integration tool.

How can I accomplish that?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Samatha

--
Samatha Kottha
Zentrum für Informationsdienste und Hochleistungsrechnen (ZIH)

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Limitations on 7.0.3?
От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: NULLS and User Input WAS Re: multimaster