Re: Providing user based previleges to Postgres DB

От Carlos Moreno
Тема Re: Providing user based previleges to Postgres DB
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
ramachandra.bhaskaram@wipro.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>       Currently in one of the projects we want to restrict the
> unauthorized users to the Postgres DB.    Here we are using Postgres
> version 8.2.0
>
>       Can anybody tell me how can I provide the user based previleges
> to the Postgres DB so that, we can restrict the unauthorized users as
> well as porivde the access control to the users based on the set
> previleges by the administrator.

The pgsql-general list might be more appropriate for this type of
question...  Still:

Are you talking restrictions based on database-users ?   If so, look
up grant and revoke in the PG documentation  (under SQL commands).

If you're talking about restricting system-users to even attempt to use
psql  (which really, would not be much of a restriction), then perhaps
you would have to assign a group-owner to the file psql and grant
execute permission to the group only (well, and owner).

HTH,

Carlos