Re: Crash bug in 8.2.3 on Solaris 10/Sparc

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: Crash bug in 8.2.3 on Solaris 10/Sparc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have found that psql in PostgreSQL 8.2.3
> has problems connecting to the server
> running on Solaris 10/Sun SPARC.
>
> $ uname -a
> SunOS dev-machine 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440
>
> It seems that somehow the system provided
> GCC 3.4.3 miscompiles timestamptz_send()
> and it segfaults. The default function looks like this:

Can you send me how you compiled Postgres (configure switches, LDFLAGS
...) and is possible get core file?

Did you try compile with different optimalization flags or did you try
sun studio compiler?
Zdenek

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Documentation access problems.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Documentation access problems.