Re: Why overlaps is not working

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Why overlaps is not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrus wrote:
>> If he casts all his dates to timestamps then this might be a good option.
>
> Thank you.
>
> where  (a::timestamp, coalesce(b, '99991231')::timestamp) overlaps
> (c::timestamp, coalesce(d, '99991231')::timestamp)
>
> would be simplest solution.

I thought the suggested solution was to use infinity, hence the
requirement to cast to timestamps.
That'd mean something along the lines of:

  where  (a::timestamp, coalesce(b, 'infinity')::timestamp) overlaps
  (c::timestamp, coalesce(d, 'infinity')::timestamp)

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.

T: ++31(0)534346874
F: ++31(0)534346876
M:
I: www.magproductions.nl
A: Postbus 416
    7500 AK Enschede

// Integrate Your World //

От: "Michael Nolan"
Сообщение: Re: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema other than public?
От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: encoding advice requested