Re: PG DOCS - logical replication filtering

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PG DOCS - logical replication filtering
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02.03.22 05:47, Peter Smith wrote:
> This patch introduces a new "Filtering" page to give a common place
> where all kinds of logical replication filtering can be described.
> (e.g. It is envisaged that a "Column Filters" section can be added
> sometime in the future).

The pending feature to select a subset of table columns to replicate is
not "column filtering".  The thread might still be still called that,
but we have changed the patch to not use that terminology.

Filtering is a dynamic action based on actual values.  The row filtering
feature does that.  The column list feature is a static DDL-time
configuration.  It is no more filtering than specifying a list of tables
in a publication is table filtering.

So please consider organizing the documentation differently to not
create this confusion.

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: pg_stop_backup() v2 incorrectly marked as proretset