Re: PgLOGd

От
Тема Re: PgLOGd
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I installed it a few weeks ago on a test box and was quite impressed. It
> has some very nice features to handle cases when the database can't
> handle the load or if it goes down completely. I haven't used it in a
> production enviroment yet, but I would like to.

After testing it, I put it on a production server. Been running since last
night without any problems. With an insert on each web page load, it does
kick up the server load on the Postgresql server.

PgLOGd is a very effective solution for a server farm. No need to worry
about rotating logs and gluing them all together.

Thomas

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Delete large amount of records and INSERT (with indexes) goes VERY slow
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Delete large amount of records and INSERT (with indexes) goes VERY slow