Re: Restart after poweroutage

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Restart after poweroutage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> This doesn't make sense to me. A reboot will absolutly kill any
> existing shared memory blocks, how can it possibly be complaining about
> it?

PostgreSQL complains if it finds a postmaster.pid. As far as I can tell
it doesn't have anything to do with shared memory except that we are
tracking info in the postmaster.pid. Info that is no longer valid.

What would make sense to me, would be to read the pid file, check the
process list. If the process that is in the pid file is not in the
process list, we remove the pid file and start.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Restart after poweroutage
От: Jon Lapham
Сообщение: Re: Restart after poweroutage