Re: How to restrict select from table with external

От Sean Davis
Тема Re: How to restrict select from table with external
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:
> John Purser <jmpurser@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>Have you considered using a viw of table stats with the columns and
>>information your user is allowed to see?
>

> Yeah, a view is probably the best way.

I took from the OP that the the user and password were not necessarily
database users but might be stored in a database table structure.  If
that is indeed the case, then a view won't quite cut it, will it?  I
would be curious to see a clarification of what the "auth" function
does, just to see what the OP is doing for the authentication.

Sean

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How to restrict select from table with external
От: Gilgam Webdesign et conseil
Сообщение: Photos manager on PGSQL