Re: Fixed length datatypes. WAS [GENERAL] UUID's as

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Fixed length datatypes. WAS [GENERAL] UUID's as
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim,

> I agree about splitting the utilities, except that I think the database
> should be able to generate UUIDs somehow.

There is a GUID add-in, and someone is working on a 2nd one.  UUIDs are
not part of the SQL standard, and we've only seen sporadic demand for
them (and different types each time) so I can't imagine one making it
further than contrib real soon.

Also, one could argue that UUIDs are a foot gun, so they're not exactly
the type of thing we want to advocate in advance of demand.

--Josh Berkus

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Index corruption
От: Thomas Hallgren
Сообщение: Re: Fixed length datatypes. WAS [GENERAL] UUID's as