Re: UTF8 problem

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: UTF8 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Daniel Verite wrote:
>     Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
>
>> The basic setup is that Postfix hands the email to a program called
>> dbmail-smtp which parses and insert the message into the database.
>> DBMail doesn't know anything about encoding.
>>
> That's precisely what SQL_ASCII is for. Why not stay with it?

Well for one thing, you can't set encoding on a per column, or even per
table basis, you have to set it for the whole database.  I have all the
DBMail data inside of our company database that uses UTF8.

От: Roy Souther
Сообщение: Re: Fabian Pascal and RDBMS deficiencies in fully
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: for SELECT DISTINCT, ORDER BY expressions