Re: new FAQ entry

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: new FAQ entry
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tim Allen wrote:
> Tino Wildenhain wrote:
>> Tim Allen schrieb:
>
> [snip]
>
>>> The way to tell PostgreSQL what encoding you want to use is by use
>>> of the client_encoding GUC variable, eg
>>>
>>> set client_encoding to 'LATIN1';
>>

>> If you cant educate your client application to set this option on
>> connect,
>> you can set this per user:
>>
>> ALTER USER clientappuser SET client_encoding to 'what your app uses';
>
> Good point. I guess it's worth mentioning this and some of the other
> ways you can set the encoding. Though there are actually quite a few
> different ways - that might make the entry overly long. Opinions?
>
> Tim

You could always go with one solution in the faq, such as the one you've
already given, and list and link to others near the end.  In fact, this
is probably best without at least mentioning the other solutions newbies
(like me) might never look furthur to find, what for them, might be a
better, or more fitting, solution...

От: "Daniel Verite"
Сообщение: Re: UTF8 problem
От: "jqpx37"
Сообщение: Password for postgresql superuser?